In the old land register, the property appears for the first time as “das Puechtfeld”, which was broken from the estate Alberlehen am Rohrmoos with a landowner’s consensus of 16 June 1758.
This shows that the estate which was popularly called Burghäusel ( Burgfellnerhof ) in earlier times Puechtfelder was formerly part of the Alberlechner estate.
The house name Burghäusel first appears in the land register in 1880.
In 1933 Matthias and Maria Fischbacher, who took over the farm in 1925, started the first room rental as a summer resort on the farm.
1958 Wilhelm Fischbacher senj. took over the farm of his parents. In the 60’s winter sports made its entrance.
He married Johanna in 1962 and with her he had 3 children, Birgit, Wilhelm and Elke.
1966 Wilhelm F. senj. received the concession for the renting and the bar. The Gasthof Burgfellnerhof was born.
1969 and 1971 the yard was extended by further guest rooms.
In 1984 a sauna and a playroom were added.
In 1987 Daniel, the first son of Wilhelm jr. and Sonja, was born.
Grandpa Wilhelm senj. handed the inn over to his son Wilhelm jr. (Willi) in 1989.
He built the Fischbacher guesthouse in 1989.
In 1990 Willi and Sonja got married, in 1991 the 2nd son Andreas followed.
In 1992 the main house of the Burgfellnerhof and the sauna were renovated.
In 1997 a dining room for 130 persons was added and the hotel bar was renovated.
In 1998 the kitchen was enlarged and rebuilt.
In 2002 the guest house and the Burgfellnerhof were connected underground and the Ennstalsuite was built from the breakfast room in the guest house.
In 2004 the main building was equipped with a passenger lift and in 2007 the 3-star hotel became the 4-star holiday and hiking hotel Burgfellnerhof. In order to be able to make this step, the corridors and rooms in the main building were renovated and equipped to a higher standard and a reception was added.
In 2008, the stable building was demolished and a carriage hut was built.
Willi F. was killed in an accident in May 2013.
Most of the alterations planned for autumn 2013 were put on ice, only the ski rooms, toilets and the buffet area were renovated.
In September 2014 we lost our firstborn Daniel.
In 2015 the hotel was extended by a new terrace and an extension of 6 high-quality suites and 3 rooms.
On 5 May 2018 Andreas and Julia married and on 2 April 2019 their daughter Lena was born.
Since June 2019 a natural swimming pond has been beautifying the hotel and the now 30-year-old guest house is being renovated, extended by a passenger lift and an apartment for the young family.
The quiet location, in the middle of the green, directly on the piste, encourages us to go new ways.
From winter 2019/20 our hotel, which has been run for generations, will become a hotel for adults aged 14 and over – “Adults only”